- 3CSN’s first Fall Equity 101 course was completed with 61 participants representing 18 community colleges.
- 3CSN worked in collaboration with the State Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges and the RP group to develop and facilitate six regional convenings focused on AB 705 for the CCCCO.
- The 4th Annual Inland Empire Supplemental Instruction (SI) Conference (link: https://3csn.org/2019/11/20/lollipop-moments-learning-and-community-at-4th-annual-si-regional-conference/) was held at Mt. San Jacinto College in November. This conference is a multi-college event that is designed by practitioners and leaders from Mt. San Jacinto College, CSU San Bernardino, CSU San Marcos, and Norco College. Similar to Tutor Expo, the conference is facilitated by peer educators and provides attendees the opportunity to learn more on what students’ needs are. There were 237 participants, including 151 students, representing over 30 community colleges.
- 3CSN co-sponsored the 2020 ASCCC Annual Part-Time Faculty Institute, “Affirming Our Voice,” (link: https://3csn.org/2020/02/03/affirming-our-voice-through-community-and-learning-at-asccc-part-time-institute/) in January and offered sessions on student-centered classroom practices.
- Showcase of Habits of Mind & Growth Mindset (link: https://3csn.org/2020/03/10/experiencing-the-power-of-yet-at-showcase-of-habits-of-mind-growth-mindset-at-san-diego-mesa-college/) at San Diego Mesa College had 32 participants from 11 community colleges.
- In March, we completed our Spring Regional Summits (link: https://files.constantcontact.com/8aef3db1701/50a760f6-1025-4a70-b32c-350fb2afec97.pdf) at the same colleges that hosted the Fall Summits. There were 156 participants representing over 20 community colleges.
- 3CSN was awarded two grants, in partnership with the CSU Institute for Teaching and Learning (link: https://www2.calstate.edu/csu-system/faculty-staff/Institute-for-teaching-and-learning), to establish learning communities for STEM instructors.
- Transforming STEM Education Faculty Learning Program (FLP) (link: https://3csn.org/2019/08/26/3csn-brings-uc-berkeleys-faculty-learning-program-to-california-community-colleges/) continued its online course and synchronous meetings for 150 community college participants.
- Equity 101 spring course (link: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Good-News—Equity-101-Online-Spring-2020-Registration-Now-Available.html?soid=1130043276968&aid=uNLXTkqmJNY) completed with 60 participants representing over 40 community colleges.
- 3CSN’s Integrated Reading and Writing online learning community (link: http://ra.3csn.org/integrated-reading-and-writing-irw-learning-community/), which delves deeper into the Reading Apprenticeship framework, completed its spring courses with 86 participants representing more than 20 community colleges.
Using our collective knowledge and network, 3CSN responded to the urgent needs of the California Community Colleges by creating the Wayfinding Online: Navigating the Virtual Landscape Together series on March 18, 2020. The series continues to evolve based on the needs of the community.