This year, the Equity Institute will focus on:
- Learning how to build an equity framework that supports diverse populations and drives implementation of statewide student success legislation
- Shared readings that will challenge and expand current perceptions, and deepen our knowledge around:
- Generating pivotal inquiries, and shifting those inquiries to action in order to move your campus equity work forward
Who should come?
Bring a cross-functional team including faculty from both instruction and student services, classified staff, administrators and students, to work on redesigning the classroom and campus experience to be student centered. We encourage you to include people who are working on your AB 705, Guided Pathways and College Promise plans, as well as those leading the professional learning efforts on your college.
What should you bring?
All participants will have the opportunity to work on transforming an artifact. An artifact is a document that you use frequently to engage with students.
- IGETC form
- Student service brochures, announcements, etc.
- Financial aid information
- Tutoring promotional materials
- Campus website
- Essay or Assignment prompt
- Meeting agenda or notes
The cost is $70 per day (plus EventBrite Fees of $5.95) for the institute; this includes both days. If you plan to attend one day, the cost is the same. Advance payment via EventBrite registration. If you wish to pay the day of the event, you may select “Pay by Check.” Checks should be made out to: Los Angeles Community College District. Same day payment accepted via check only.
We look forward to seeing you!
3CSN is an initiative of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office