Due to popular demand, we have added an additional LA/OC/IE LINKS 7 date to our calendar. Please Register below to reserve space for you and your college team.
, Bldg K-5 Room 108
P4 Lot ( see ELAC Map
Lunch will be provided
The RP will share their findings on two successful completion agenda programs laying the groundwork for how we can help our students successfully complete their academic goals.
- Completion by Design: A five-year Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation initiative in which community colleges are developing coherent pathways of study and redesigning the student experience to increase the ability of students to earn certificates and degrees as well as raise their labor market value. The aim of the initiative is to raise community college completion rates for large numbers of students while containing college costs, maintaining open access, and ensuring the quality of college programs and credentials.
- Student Support (Re)defined: A three-year study conducted by the RP Group articulating how student support, both inside and outside the classroom, can be delivered in a cost-effective manner so that community colleges can narrow the achievement gap for Latino and African-American students and enable more students to achieve transfer, a degree and/or certificate.
Participant Learning Outcomes
As a result of attending the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explore two frameworks (Loss-Momentum Framework, Six Factors for Student Success) for understanding the student experience.
- Apply the self-assessment tool from Student Support (Re)defined to their own college’s current policy and practice as related to the six-factor framework for student support.
- Reflect on the eight principles for redesign to identify areas for short- and/or long-term redesign efforts at their institution.