The Basic Skills Noncredit to Credit Awareness Building Conference hopes to be the first in a series of faculty driven conversations investigating how to increase communication between noncredit and credit instructional and counseling faculty.
While this conference will focus on The San Diego Community College District, participants (faculty as well as administrators) from all districts are encouraged to attend (a) to discover what SDCCD is doing with noncredit and credit alignment as well as (b) to contribute your expertise and ideas for improvement!
By the end of this half-day conference, participants should be able to:
- Have a better understanding of Noncredit and/or Credit Programs
- Increase their awareness about how Noncredit and Credit Programs already align
- Investigate how to improve the relationship between Noncredit and Credit Programs
- Identify goals for future conversations
The day will begin with a panel discussion, which will include a welcome by Brian Ellison, SDCE VP of Instructional and Student Services as well as keynotes by Timothy Pawlak, SDCE Academic Senate President and Cathy Hasson, SDCCD Director of Institutional Research and Planning.
The second portion of the morning will include an interactive breakout session where participants will be able to discuss current noncredit and credit alignment within the areas of:
- Student Progress and Achievement Measurement with Basic Skills
- Support Services with Basic Skills
- Assessment/Placement/Articulation with Basic Skills
- Instructional Practices with Basic Skills
Space is limited, so please register to reserve your spot ASAP!
- Park in the parking structure for free. You do not need a pass.