A “not invented here” bias on the part of faculty is often cited as a factor in inhibiting the spread and adaptation of innovations in teaching and learning practice. The “bias” part alludes to a prejudgment that what we create locally will be better-suited to our teaching needs and learning contexts than an adaptation of […]
Archive | Learning Communities RSS feed for this section
The California Department of Education (CDE) and the California Adult Literacy Professional Development Project (CALPRO) have announced a new Community of Practice training on Integrated and Contextualized Workforce Skills in the ABE/ASE Classroom. Participant Commitment and Online Activities – mid-March through the end of April 2014 Participants must access pre-session assignments online and engage in other […]
t all began on a Sunday afternoon, with over 40 faculty, administrators and staff converging on the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center for a taste of 3CSN’s best − BSILI 2012 – Leadership for Curricular and Institutional Transformation. For some, it was straight out of the car and into the Iris Lodge where they were […]
- This Week’s Wayfinding Online Sessions!
- Leveraging Community in Challenging Times – A Message from Our Executive Director, Dr. Deborah Harrington
- Experiencing the Power of “Yet” at Showcase of Habits of Mind & Growth Mindset at San Diego Mesa College
- Affirming Our Voice through Community and Learning at ASCCC Part-Time Faculty Institute
- Facilitator Learning Community Wraps Up 2019 with Praxis and Productive Play!