Develop leaders in California community colleges who have the capacity to facilitate networks of faculty, staff, and students for curricular and institutional redesigns in support of increased student access, success, equity, and completion.
Values and shared assumptions
- Everybody (students, faculty, staff) has the right to ongoing, sustained, and rigorous learning experiences to further their personal, educational, and professional growth.
- Learning is a network forming process: connections and relationships are crucial to the learning process.
- Deep learning and leadership are facilitated by maintaining:
- An appreciative inquiry mindset, i.e., curiosity about what’s possible o A growth mindset, i.e., a belief that change is possible.
Learning Outcomes (used across all our networks/activities & leadership institute) Participants will:
- Develop and implement initiatives that address the persistence, acceleration, and completion of underprepared and underrepresented students.
- Engage their campus in focused and sustained communities of practice to support these initiatives.
- Recognize and address gaps, needs, opportunities, and strengths related to teaching and learning in a range of educational settings.
- Design, implement, and evaluate effective learning environments for diverse groups based on relevant research.
- Be effective leaders in a wide variety of situations related to the improvement of student outcomes.