SACLN

Steering and Advocacy Collaborative Learning Network

How can you help establish, advance and sustain efforts to support the success of our students, especially those who are underprepared for learning in college courses?

, , , , ,

43 Responses to SACLN

  1. anniqua 03/10/2009 at 12:03 pm #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  2. anniqua 03/10/2009 at 12:05 pm #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

  3. Gary Colombo 03/10/2009 at 12:38 pm #

    Draft a rubric that can be used to engage the colleges in a systematic assessment of the effectiveness of the BSI Action planning process to make it genuinely strategic and transformative.

  4. Barbara Illowsky 03/10/2009 at 12:41 pm #

    I will assist with running two non-credit BSI Regional Meetings and bring a summary to the June Steering Committee meeting. 🙂

  5. Mark Wade Lieu 03/10/2009 at 12:41 pm #

    Work through the System’s Strategic Plan Assessment Action Plan Group to bring forward to Consultation (in May) and the Board of Governors (in July) regulatory change that facilitates the implementation of prerequisites, thereby better informing and guiding students in their educational paths.

  6. laura hope 03/10/2009 at 12:42 pm #

    Our group discussed ways to identify change agents and campus leaders in order to support the goals of the BSI. The group decided to articulate a number of provocative questions, and the answers to these questions may help to identify the potential for leadership. The questions can also be used by the Basic Skills Coordinators to help them identify leadership on their own campuses in order to advance their Action Plans.

  7. Jane Patton 03/10/2009 at 1:40 pm #

    The State Academic Senate forms its positions through its resolution process, and has adopted many positions in support of basic skills teaching & learning. Resolutions drive the work of the ASCCC and its committees, including its basic skills and faculty development committees. In order to identify ways that the ASCCC’s goals / activities are consistent with the activities/goals of BSI, I will take stock of the relevant ASCCC resolutions and their status, and identify whether new positions or additional efforts might be warranted.

  8. Debbie Anthony 04/20/2009 at 9:25 am #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  9. Anniqua 05/06/2009 at 3:03 pm #

    Great to hear from you. Please email me (rana@smccd.edu) and let me know when the Basic Skills Committee at MPC would like me to come and discuss the network and leadership institute.
    Sincerely,
    Anniqua

  10. Amy 04/19/2010 at 1:18 am #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  11. Michelle 04/19/2010 at 11:42 pm #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  12. Rick 04/24/2010 at 1:17 pm #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  13. Rick 04/24/2010 at 5:41 pm #

    Work through the System’s Strategic Plan Assessment Action Plan Group to bring forward to Consultation (in May) and the Board of Governors (in July) regulatory change that facilitates the implementation of prerequisites, thereby better informing and guiding students in their educational paths.

  14. Jeff 04/24/2010 at 6:50 pm #

    Draft a rubric that can be used to engage the colleges in a systematic assessment of the effectiveness of the BSI Action planning process to make it genuinely strategic and transformative.

  15. Patrick 04/24/2010 at 8:00 pm #

    Great to hear from you. Please email me (rana@smccd.edu) and let me know when the Basic Skills Committee at MPC would like me to come and discuss the network and leadership institute.
    Sincerely,
    Anniqua

  16. Robin 04/24/2010 at 10:25 pm #

    I will assist with running two non-credit BSI Regional Meetings and bring a summary to the June Steering Committee meeting. 🙂

  17. Brad 04/24/2010 at 11:39 pm #

    Work through the System’s Strategic Plan Assessment Action Plan Group to bring forward to Consultation (in May) and the Board of Governors (in July) regulatory change that facilitates the implementation of prerequisites, thereby better informing and guiding students in their educational paths.

  18. Steven 04/25/2010 at 12:52 am #

    Great to hear from you. Please email me (rana@smccd.edu) and let me know when the Basic Skills Committee at MPC would like me to come and discuss the network and leadership institute.
    Sincerely,
    Anniqua

  19. Karen 04/25/2010 at 2:08 am #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

  20. Brian 04/25/2010 at 3:22 am #

    Draft a rubric that can be used to engage the colleges in a systematic assessment of the effectiveness of the BSI Action planning process to make it genuinely strategic and transformative.

  21. Steve 04/25/2010 at 4:34 am #

    Work through the System’s Strategic Plan Assessment Action Plan Group to bring forward to Consultation (in May) and the Board of Governors (in July) regulatory change that facilitates the implementation of prerequisites, thereby better informing and guiding students in their educational paths.

  22. Dave 04/25/2010 at 5:53 am #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  23. Dave 04/25/2010 at 9:54 am #

    Draft a rubric that can be used to engage the colleges in a systematic assessment of the effectiveness of the BSI Action planning process to make it genuinely strategic and transformative.

  24. Alan 04/25/2010 at 11:59 am #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  25. Julie 04/25/2010 at 1:12 pm #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  26. George 04/25/2010 at 2:26 pm #

    I will assist with running two non-credit BSI Regional Meetings and bring a summary to the June Steering Committee meeting. 🙂

  27. Nick 04/25/2010 at 3:40 pm #

    Our group discussed ways to identify change agents and campus leaders in order to support the goals of the BSI. The group decided to articulate a number of provocative questions, and the answers to these questions may help to identify the potential for leadership. The questions can also be used by the Basic Skills Coordinators to help them identify leadership on their own campuses in order to advance their Action Plans.

  28. Simon 04/25/2010 at 10:13 pm #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  29. Charles 04/26/2010 at 8:32 pm #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  30. William 04/26/2010 at 11:00 pm #

    I will assist with running two non-credit BSI Regional Meetings and bring a summary to the June Steering Committee meeting. 🙂

  31. Lee 04/27/2010 at 4:40 am #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  32. Daniel 04/27/2010 at 6:04 am #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  33. Rick 04/27/2010 at 7:32 am #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

  34. Christopher 04/27/2010 at 9:01 am #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  35. Joseph 04/27/2010 at 10:28 am #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

  36. Simon 04/27/2010 at 1:08 pm #

    The State Academic Senate forms its positions through its resolution process, and has adopted many positions in support of basic skills teaching & learning. Resolutions drive the work of the ASCCC and its committees, including its basic skills and faculty development committees. In order to identify ways that the ASCCC’s goals / activities are consistent with the activities/goals of BSI, I will take stock of the relevant ASCCC resolutions and their status, and identify whether new positions or additional efforts might be warranted.

  37. Sarah 04/27/2010 at 3:42 pm #

    Group 3: We will have a day long working meeting with Estela and CUE (Center for Urban Education) at USC to begin to plan a virtual module to use benchmarking data- focus on equity.

  38. Don 04/27/2010 at 4:56 pm #

    Great to hear from you. Please email me (rana@smccd.edu) and let me know when the Basic Skills Committee at MPC would like me to come and discuss the network and leadership institute.
    Sincerely,
    Anniqua

  39. Jonathan 04/27/2010 at 6:07 pm #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

  40. Eric 04/27/2010 at 7:22 pm #

    I will assist with running two non-credit BSI Regional Meetings and bring a summary to the June Steering Committee meeting. 🙂

  41. Simon 04/27/2010 at 8:36 pm #

    Attended ASCCC Plenary breakout session on BSI. Requested the involvement of Counselors at the Summer Institute and asked that Monterey Peninsula College become part of this intitial group for this Summeres Institute. Monterey Peninsula College is ready for inclusion .

    Looking forward to hearing from someone ! (smiles)

  42. Bill 04/27/2010 at 10:05 pm #

    Our group discussed ways to identify change agents and campus leaders in order to support the goals of the BSI. The group decided to articulate a number of provocative questions, and the answers to these questions may help to identify the potential for leadership. The questions can also be used by the Basic Skills Coordinators to help them identify leadership on their own campuses in order to advance their Action Plans.

  43. Tony 04/28/2010 at 2:20 am #

    We will bring a draft plan for the regional infrastructure to the meeting in June.

Leave a Reply