The 2009 BSI Summer Institute will be held from June 14-20th at San Francisco State University.
Click here for logistical details.
In an intensive one-week pilot workshop you will work with colleagues and leaders throughout the state to look deeply into answering two fundamental questions:
- How can I help my college establish, advance and sustain a network that supports the success of our students, especially those who are underprepared for learning in college courses?
- How can we work together to create such networks among community colleges in California to support student success throughout our state?
Who should attend?
- Basic Skills Coordinators
- Faculty leaders of local basic skills efforts
Come to develop your understanding of:
- Faculty inquiry
- Communities of Practice
- Professional learning
- Institutional transformation
- A plan to design a successful network on your campus – or improve on one you already have in place
- Models of successful practice
- Access to expertise that you need to help your students succeed
- Connections to colleagues who share your passion and your interests!